This is a small exert from a book I co authored (Wedding Day Secrets) and just released on Amazon, Ill leave the link at the bottom of this Blog if you want more info.
It may be a staggering figure, but 82% of Brides have regrets about their wedding day according to Glamour Magazine. These regrets range from the speeches (over half of the brides said they would edit best man’s speech) and 32% ‘cringe’ when they look at their wedding dress years later. So how do you as a bride-to-be avoid making these mistakes so you aren’t embarrassed or left shaking your head at the best man’s speech or cringing at your dress choice?
Here is a short list of the most common regrets I’ve heard from brides and grooms following their wedding. If you take the time to think about what other brides and grooms have regretted to make sure that you do not make the same mistake, you may find this guide incredibly helpful. I also suggest talking to recently married couples to see if they did or didn’t do something and if they have any regrets.
- I’d lock in a venue before the other details like my dress / shoes.
- I’d hire a videographer. (this is one of the most common regrets)
- I’d get personal recommendations before hiring a vendor.
- I’d give the photographer more direction.
- I wouldn’t overdo the dieting.
- I wouldn’t try to please everyone.
- I wouldn’t pick a less-than-stellar DJ or try to save money on the music.
- I regret not changing into comfortable shoes for the dancing.
- I should have slowed down and enjoyed the day.
- Forgetting to eat or drink anything all day!
- Spending too much money on knick-knacks rather than putting more money into the bar.
- I wish I’d relaxed and stopped stressing the little things.
About my book for Brides and Grooms.
Wedding Day Secrets- Tips you won’t find in a bridal magazine
What follows is not meant to shock or alarm you. It is meant to inform you and help you avoid situations which until now you are unaware of. Relax because I have solutions, ideas and advice which will guarantee your wedding day is amazing. Read on and stay positive, light is shining brightly at the end of the tunnel.
At the very least, at the end of the day, reading this book and being armed with its contents, will enable and empower you, to ask searching questions of your venue and service providers.